Doña Paula Excels in Descorchados 2018 Guide
The Descorchados Guide, one of the most complete wine guides written by the prestigious Chilean journalist Patricio Tapia, announced its 2018 results. The recognized critic distinguished the wines of Doña Paula with excellent scores.
Patricio Tapia not only qualifies wines with a score, but also publishes rankings taking into account different criteria such as varietal, terroir and province, among other characteristics.
In this opportunity, three were the Doña Paula wines that won as the best in their category: Doña Paula Selección de Bodega Malbec 2014 as “El Elegido Mendoza”, while Doña Paula 969 2017 and Doña Paula El Alto Parcel 2013 were selected as “El Elegido Ugarteche”.
In addition, Doña Paula Selección de Bodega Malbec 2015 received 97 points and was ranked in the “Best Reds”, “Best Malbec” and “Best Gualtallary” rankings.
Selección de Bodega Malbec is elaborated from one of the best terroirs that the winery has: Finca Alluvia, with mineral and stony soils. Meanwhile, Doña Paula Selección de Bodega 2014 reached 96 points, while El Alto Parcel Malbec 2013 and Doña Paula 969 2017 both received 94 points.
Doña Paula also received scores for its wines:
- Doña Paula Alluvia Parcel Malbec 2013 – 96 points – Best Gualtallary
- Doña Paula The Indians Parcel Malbec 2013 – 95 points – Best El Cepillo
- Doña Paula 1100 2015 – 92 points
- Doña Paula 1350 2015 – 92 points
- Doña Paula Estate Sauvignon Blanc 2017 – 91 points – Best Sauvignon Blanc
- Doña Paula Estate Malbec 2016 – 91 points
- Doña Paula Estate Black Edition 2016 – 91 points – Best Ugarteche
- Doña Paula Estate Blue Edition 2016 – 91 points – Best Ugarteche
- Doña Paula Estate Riesling 2016 – 90 points
- Doña Paula Rose Of Malbec 2017 – 89 points
The results obtained in Descorchados 2018 confirm the e‑ort and dedication of Doña Paula to produce wines of great quality that are faithful representatives of the terroirs of the country.